I grew up with schmaltzy music (on reflection). As a kid I knew no better. I knew what was good because those songs made me feel good. As I got sophisticated and learned how and what to appreciate and of course what was the fashion of the time, I started to narrow my tastes. You couldn’t like ABBA for example, yet, secretly we all did, even those most cool of us. The music written and performed back then came from the heart. Most musicians were just starting to see that there was more to music than music.
Everyone wanted a piece of the cake…and everyone got their cake. Musicians in those days wrote and played with a passion that is unseen today. As in most fields (sport, academia, politics and business) the fun got taken out. Most people took on careers with the view of making a shit load of dosh. No problemo! …except the passion died dinit. Eventually, most if not all of these lifestyles became boring. They had no passion association. The only thing that resembled any excitement was having the money to live. Live to work was the catch-cry. Something was lost.Over time and without realising what the **** was going on, we all found ourselves in a quagmire of loneliness, a feeling there was more to life than the drudgeries that we experienced. We would retrospect back to those times when a family was together and life wasn’t complicated…and the music sounded wonderful.
Why did the music sound wonderful? Was it because the music was wonderful or was there another aspect to it..
Firstly, we were all close to each other. We couldn’t be like this if we didn’t feel good within ourselves. The food was good. The pay was good. The music was good. Everything about life was good. The musicians felt good and wrote and performed good music. We all felt good and responded accordingly. The loop of life. Give unto others etc…These day, quite the opposite is occurring. Diametrically opposed. People hate work for the most part. I mean…they have to say they love work or it will become hard to get up each day, sit at their computers writing Microsoft pie charts. People don’t have choices and work as a necessity. FAIL!
But let me pose this question. If you had the resources to do whatever you wanted to do…would you be at work? I don’t think so. Most people have a good work ethic. All of us need to have a productive life. Producing, giving and receiving (PGR). The choices are limiting. We work for some organisation tirelessly producing meaningless crud for meaningless reasons. They say it benefits society but I am yet to see the evidence. Adding a profit stuffs up this three legged stool (PGR) and we fall over. Profit is a filthy word. I mean…how can BigBiz add 300-400%+ to goods and services because they can and think it has no effect? It does! Usually where there are profits…there are deficits.
Greed ultimately doesn’t serve humanity, only the top 1%…greed begets greed adinfinitum/adnauseum. This darkness is everywhere. Consumer purchasing has dropped as a direct revolt against producing useless crap that hoards inside our houses and minds. I am not being negative just observing what is out there…How much technology is enough…yes it’s addictive…and yes its a communication tool…and yes its the new meditative device, so we numb ourselves to the thought that we just bought a second and third laptop small enough for any situation. Oh I could go on and on but…back to the music.
I don’t like to go back to the past and reminisce and prefer to stay in the present moment.
The music of today…apart from a few artists is spewed out on a conveyor belt. Musical fodder for the masses; mind numbing crud. Having said that, I could name a dozen or so artists that hail as the best in their field, producing wonderfully creative words and music coupled with stunning dance routines and video clips. Below are songs that I have heard that knock me out. Some, yes from the past that are timeless.
Well let me just say that one of my favorite bands to listen to…meaning each and every track kicks arse…is the album Santana 3. It represents me more than any other album. I have other albums that have a good song here and there but none that I can put on and play each song with guitars screeching out hurtful notes that make my hairs stand on end. I think it is the Latin American feel. I have an affinity to this part of the world and often think that I was reincarnated from there in my past life.
1. Eminem ft. Rihanna – a. The Monster – Eminem ft. Rihanna – b. Love The Way You Lie
2. Swedish House Maffia – Don’t You Worry Child
3. Kate Perry – 1. Roar and 2. Birthday and 3. Dark Horse and 4. Wide Awake and 5. Hot N Cold and 6. This Is How We Do It
4. Passenger – Let Her Go
5. Jason Derulo – Talk Dirty To Me
6. Lorde – a. Team b. Royals c. Tennis Court d. Glory and Gore
7. Beyoncé ft. JayZ – Drunk In Love
8. Rihanna – a. Diamonds b. Umbrella c. Live Your Life d. Take A Bow e. Rude Boy f. Only Girl In The World g. What’s My Name
11. MacKlemore and Ryan Lewis – Thrift Shop
12. Black Eyed Peas – a. My Hump b. Shut Up
13. Justin Timberlake – What Goes Around Comes Around
14. Aloe Blacc – The Man
15. Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like
16. Duke Dumont feat. Jax Jones – As Long As I Got You
17. Nelly – Hey Porche
18. Enrique Iglesias – Freak
19. Jenifer Lopez – Love your puppy
20. Gordon City – Ready For Your Love
21. DJ Snake & Lil Jon – Turn Down for What
22. Britney Spears – Work B**ch
23. Icona Pop – feat. Charli – I Don’t Dare I Love It
24. Pitbull – ft. Ke$ha – Timber
25. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – 1. Are You Gonna Stay The Night and this ft. M. Koma & M. Bryant 2. Find You
26. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down
27. Alvaro & Mercer Feat. lil jon – welcome to the jungle
28. Tiësto – Red Lights
29. John Legend – All of Me
30. Jesse McCartney – Beautiful Soul
31. Iggy Azalea – ft. Charli XCX – Fancy
32. Mr Probz – (Roter & Lewis Edit) Waves
33. Little Mix – 1. Salute and 2. Move
34. Route 94 – ft. Jess Glynne – My Love My Touch
35. Little Nikki – (Dj S.K.T’s) – Right Before my eyes
36. Afrojack – ft. Wrabel – Ten Feet Tall
37. Lana Del Rey – Summertime Sadness
38. Cash Cash – Take Me Home
39. Jessica Mauboy – Never Be the Same
40. Modjo – Lady (Hear Me Tonight)
41. Gorgon City – MNEK REMIX (Fix8 Remix) Ready For Your Love
42. Ellie Goulding (Lyrics) HD – Burn
43. Pitbull – ft. G.R.L. – Wild wild love
44. Paramore – 1. Aint It Fun Original and 2. Aint It Fun Remix and this… 3. Aint It Fun Live
45. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars
46. tabi Bonney ft Fat Trel – TOHL – …this is so true.. Time Of Her Life
47. Avicii vs Nicky Romero I Could Be The One
48. Cascada – [lyrics] – Blink
49. John Martin & Joel Fletcher – I will go anywhere for you
50. Nico & Vinz – 1. Am I Wrong and 2. – Am I Wrong (Dj Dark & Dj Vianu Remix)
51. Milky Chance – Stolen Dance
52. Clean Bandit – ft Sharna Bass 1. Extraordinary and 2. Come Over – ft. Stylo G and 3. Dust Clears
53. Black – (Lyrics) Wonderful Life
54. Pharrell Williams Bae ft. Miley Cyrus – Lyrics – Come Get It
55. Lady GaGa ft. Colby O’Donis – Just Dance
56. Ariana Grande – ft. Iggy Azalea – Problem
57. The Fault In Our Stars I Charli XCX – Boom Clap
58. The Vamps ft. Demi Lovato – Somebody To You
59. James Vincent McMorrow – Rising Water (Lyric Video)
Here is a list of artists:
1. Jimi Hendrix – ‘Hey Joe’song about a guy who shot his lady for messin’ around town. And ‘All Along The Watchtower’ .
3. Deep Forest
5. Kate Perry
7. Niccolò Paganini – Italian violist and most celebrated virtuoso of his time
8. Alecia Key
11. Britney Spears
12. Justin Beiber
13. Eminem – The Monster – latest hit ft. Rihanna
14. Smashing Pumpkins – World Is A Vampire – amongst other songs I like of theirs.
14. Mountain – Nantucket Sleighride
[will add more later..] Just to name a few. I will link all my favorite artists on UNoob.]